Island Peak Climbing Course
Duration : 20 day(s)
Fixed Departure : 20th Oct, 07th Nov ,24th Nov 2015. Fixed Departure 2012: 12th March, 27th March, 09th April,23rd April, 05th May,19th May, 24th Sep ,20th Oct, 07th Nov ,24th Nov 2015.
Island Peak 6,160 meters was first ascended in 1953 by a very prestigious team including Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in preparation for the ascent of Mount Everest. Eric Shipton's party named the peak in 1953, as it resembled an island in a sea of ice. The peak is part of the south ridge of Lhotse and linked to the semicircle of cliffs that rise to the north of the summit of Nuptse. It provides you the opportunity to experience about climbing course in Island Peak and our target is not only to make you summit the top but also making you capable to climb others peaks instructed by our well experienced instructor and technical team. This course is suitable for the complete novice or as a great refresher for those who want to climb again. The course curriculum includes an introduction to equipment, crevasse rescue, ice climbing skills, rope work and comprehensive mountaineering safety techniques.
Day 01: Prior to landing in Kathmandu airport, you could have some excellent views of snow capped mountains, after custom clearance, meet with tour coordinator at the airport with traditional garland welcome. Transfer to Hotel. Overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Final preparation day at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Early morning fly from Kathmandu to Lukla 2850m, it takes about 35 minutes, then commence walking through traditional Sherpa villages and reaches at Phakding 2640 meter. Overnight stay at trekking lodge in Phakding.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m
Day 05: Acclimatizing day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Tenboche 3860 meter.
Day 07: Trek to Dinboche 4410 meter.
Day 08: Trek to Chukung 4740 meter.
Day 09: Instructional Program at Chukung
Day 10: Instructional Program at Chukung.
Day 11: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp 5087 meter.
Day 12: Climb Island Peak 6160 meter, from the summit snow covered Peak provides incredible views of Himalayan ranges, then back to base camp.
Day 13: Extra days for weather.
Day 14: Trek to Dinboche 4410 meter.
Day 15: Trek to Phortse 3810m.
Day 16: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 17: Trek to Lukla 2850 meter.
Day 18: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and check into hotel.
Day 19: Individual activities.
Day 20: Departure to Airport.
Price on Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour cost: USD 1766 on B/B basis with inclusive flight fare of KTM/LUKLA/KTM, Per Person. During the climbing period meals and camping equipment are included. 1 trekking guide plus climbing Sherpa, 1 Porter for two people, Peak Permit and accommodation on Breakfast basis during the trekking.
- All kind of personal nature expenses such as liquor, tips, emergency expenses, Travel insurance / Expenses of private nature such as Laundry, Telephone calls, Duriing trekking LUNCH and DINNER, Tips, etc. / Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as ROAD BLOCKAGE due to landslides or snowfalls, ACCIDENTS, etc.
- Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake Trek
- Annapurna trekking holiday
- Biking tour on Tibetan Plateau
- Everest base camp trek
- Everest Base camp Trek in Tibet.
- Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Everest Sherpa village trek
- Gosaikunda Helembhu valley
- Himalayan culture tour, Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal
- Langtang Gosaikunda Helembhu Valley trek in Nepal