New Tibet Visa rules. Thu, 21st March 2019
We have been notified regarding the new Tibet Visa formalities with immediate effect:
1. Visa Photo must be as per the attached specification provided by the Chinese Embassy
2. Chinese Embassy will require original passport for 3 full days for visa process.
3. Visa application will be accepted only in weekdays (Monday to Friday). Embassy will not accept visa
Application during the weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
4. Visa application must be submitted before 11am at the Embassy and visa will be issued next
day afternoon in any weekdays.
5. Visa fee to be paid along with application form.
Re: Everese Base Camp - pls inform your FTO and the clients accordingly
As per the updated travel rules, for environmental protection, from the year of 2019 onwards, tourists are not allowed to visit other area which is further than Rongbuk monatsery. It means tourists can only reach Rongbuk monastery and visit of Rongbuk monastery and it is not allowed to visit other area which is further than Rongbuk monastery